Who are we looking for?
Full-time & Part-time/Casual Jobs Available
We are seeking compassionate, professional, and energetic individuals to fill our aged care companion jobs. Candidates should have exceptional communication skills, good listening abilities, and strong organisation skills. Your passion for elderly care, coupled with a positive attitude and a commitment to understanding each individual client’s needs and concerns, will make you a standout applicant. Essential qualifications include a Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support, a First Aid Certificate, and experience working with the elderly.
In your role, your companion care will support our clients' practical and emotional needs while maintaining their dignity and choice in their daily activities. Your responsibilities in one of our aged care companion jobs will include personal care, assistance with mobility, meal preparation, and accompanying clients for light exercise and appointments. You'll also work collaboratively with our care team, creating real connections with our clients and delivering holistic individual care that fosters wellbeing for mind, body, and spirit.
Who is Care For Family?
We are a values-based organisation that prides itself on our fantastic team, supportive working environment, and genuine care and compassion for our clients. As a part of our Aged Care Companion team, you will gain more than just a job – you’ll have a vocation with heart and purpose, offering real support to the community.
- Providing personal care including showering & dressing
- Assistance with toileting
- Assistance with mobility
- Meal preparation
- Encouragement to eat nutritionally
- Accompany to walk and light exercise
- Taking to appointments. Medical, Social
- Able to work collaboratively with our care team
- Giving clients a choice and with dignity at the centre of ADL’s
- Good listening
- Strong communication
- Clear and precise writing
- Good teamwork
- Shows leadership
- Strong organisation and time management
- Having a positive attitude
- Being aware of realistic goals and limitations
- Understanding each individual's needs
- Consistent and ability to follow through
- Having a passion for caring for the elderly
- Experience in working with elderly
- Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support
- First aid certificate
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Drivers licence
- Experience in working with the Elderly.
- Having a positive attitude and empathetic nature.
- Being aware of realistic goals and limitations – making sure you understand each person and their strengths, needs, goals, and support needs.
- Consistency and ability to follow through.
- Professional – human, friendly, but not needy or dependent.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills by not only verbalising communication but by being attentive to what clients have to say too.
- Eastern Suburbs
- Northern Beaches
- Inner West
- Greater Sydney area
Hours / Working Pattern
- Flexible working hours
- 2-24 hours/day
- Part-time, casual or full-time hours
Salary / Pay
- We generally offer higher rates of pay than all other care providers in and around Sydney
- Pro-rated amount
- Bonuses available
Mandatory Checks and Licenses
- National Criminal History check
- First Aid Certificate
- Two professional references
- Right to work in Australia
Additional Checks and Licenses
- Working With Children Check
- NSW Drivers Licence
- Third Party Car Insurance
Explore Our job Categories:
Our Recruitment Process
Are you looking for a rewarding career in aged care? Look no further! At Care For Family, we are dedicated to providing exceptional care to older individuals. Our unique recruitment process ensures that we handpick the most compassionate and dedicated carers for the families we support. From the initial application form to starting work, we prioritise a seamless experience. Our team conducts thorough interviews to assess the skills and suitability of each candidate, guaranteeing their ability to provide exceptional care. Once selected, our carers are meticulously rostered, ensuring they are available when they are needed most. With Care For Family, our clients and team members can trust that they are in capable hands. Join our team today and make a difference in the lives of elderly individuals. Apply now and experience the Care For Family difference.
Complete our application form and we will inform you of your eligibility for an interview.
If we believe that you have the potential to join our dedicated team of carers we will schedule an interview with you.
From part-time to full-time hours, we can usually offer flexible hours to suit your availability.
You’re now part of the Care For Family team, caring for our clients that we are dedicatied to supporting.