Who are we looking for?
Full-time & Part-time/Casual Jobs Available
We are recruiting several positions for the role of Children’s Disability Support Worker in the Eastern Suburbs and Northern Beaches of Sydney. Our ideal applicant will have obtained a Disability Support Certificate Level 3 and have a nursing background. You will be someone who has the ability to implement personalised support to match the requirements of the client and understand their unique lifestyle goals. Experience with child care is a bonus, but ultimately, we are looking for Children’s Disability Support Workers with a passion for helping young people to live as independently as possible, with dignity and autonomy.
In your role as a Children’s Disability Support Worker, you will assist with personal activities, personal hygiene, grooming, feeding, and mobility and supervise day-to-day tasks. Your duties may include supporting the wellbeing of the client through physical activities including exercise. In addition, you will assist the client in developing skills and achieve their goals to live autonomously and contribute actively to the community.
Who is Care For Family?
We are a values-based organisation that prides itself on our fantastic team, supportive working environment, and genuine care and compassion for our clients. As a part of our Children’s Disability Support Worker team, you will gain more than just a job – you’ll have a vocation with heart and purpose, offering real support to the community.
- Ability to implement personalised support to match the requirements of client.
- Meet expectations of client
- Ability to understand the unique lifestyle goals of client
- Personal care when required
- Assist with Personal Activities, personal hygiene, grooming feeding and mobility
- Assist and supervise tasks of daily life.
- Assist with developing skill of client to live autonomously as possible and to learn to contribute actively in community
- Training and development activities undertaken by participant to increase their ability to live as autonomously as possible - e.g. ability to travel and use public transport
- Physical wellbeing activities to promote and encourage physical wellbeing including exercises
- Disability Support Cert Level 3
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Good listening
- Strong communication
- Good writing
- Good team working
- Good leadership
- Strong organisation and time management
Having a positive attitude. Being aware of realistic goals and limitations – making sure you understand each person and their strengths, needs, goals and support needs. Consistency and ability to follow through. Professional – human, friendly, but not needy or dependent. Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills by not only verbalising communication but by being attentive to what clients have to say too. Professionals need to have an empathetic nature and care about each individual’s capability and provide services to build on client’s independence and personal development.
- Eastern Suburbs
- Northern Beaches
- Inner West
- Greater Sydney area
Hours / Working Pattern
- Flexible working hours
- 2-24 hours/day
- Part-time, casual or full-time hours
Salary / Pay
- We generally offer higher rates of pay than all other care providers in and around Sydney
- AUD per hour from$30 min
- Pro-rated amount
- Bonuses available
Mandatory Checks and Licenses
- NDIS Worker Check
- Working With Children Check
- National Police Check Issued in last 24 months
- Unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Two professional references
- Right to work in Australia
Additional Checks and Licenses
- NSW Drivers Licence
- Third Party Car Insurance
Explore Our job Categories:
Our Recruitment Process
Are you looking for a rewarding career in disability care? Look no further! At Care For Family, we are dedicated to providing exceptional care to individuals with disabilities. Our unique recruitment process ensures that we handpick the most compassionate and dedicated carers for the families we support. From the initial application form to starting work, we prioritise a seamless experience. Our team conducts thorough interviews to assess the skills and suitability of each candidate, guaranteeing their ability to provide exceptional care. Once selected, our carers are meticulously rostered, ensuring they are available when they are needed most. With Care For Family, our clients and team members can trust that they are in capable hands. Join our team today and make a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities. Apply now and experience the Care For Family difference.
Complete our application form and we will inform you of your eligibility for an interview.
If we believe that you have the potential to join our dedicated team of carers we will schedule an interview with you.
From part-time to full-time hours, we can usually offer flexible hours to suit your availability.
You’re now part of the Care For Family team, caring for our clients that we are dedicatied to supporting.