Who are we looking for?
Full-time & Part-time/Casual Jobs Available
We are seeking experienced and dedicated Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) with a specialisation in palliative care for our Clinical Nurse Specialist Palliative Care jobs openings. As a CNS, you will have a crucial role in delivering direct and comprehensive nursing care to patients, ensuring their comfort and well-being. Essential qualifications for this role include a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and registration with AHPRA. You should have a minimum of 6 months of employment, including clinical placements, demonstrating your expertise in palliative care.
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Palliative Care, you will play a pivotal role in providing pain management, assessing and observing patients, and communicating effectively with physicians and patients' loved ones. You will be responsible for charting patients' conditions, performing physical exams, and administering medications and personalised interventions. Your strong critical thinking, communication, and leadership skills will contribute to effective decision-making, risk assessment, and problem-solving. Working with flexibility in hours, including part-time and full-time options, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact in your community.
Who is Care For Family?
We are a values-based organisation that prides itself on our fantastic team, supportive working environment, and genuine care and compassion for our clients. As a part of our Clinical Nurse Specialist Palliative Care team, you will gain more than just a job – you’ll have a vocation with heart and purpose, offering real support to the community.
- Pain management
- Delivering direct and comprehensive nursing care
- Assessing and observing, and communicating to patients and their loved ones
- Charting patients’ condition
- Communicating with physicians
- Perform physical exams and record health histories before making critical decisions
- Preparing patients for exams and treatment
- Administer medications and other personalised interventions
- Monitoring patients for side effects and reactions
- Wound care and skin integrity
- Critical thinking
- Understanding patients’ nutritional requirements
- Risk assessment and prevention
- Excellent communication and listening
- Clear and precise writing
- Shows leadership
- Strong organisation and time management
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Having a positive attitude
- Being aware of realistic goals and limitations
- Understanding each individual's needs
- Consistent and ability to follow through
- Having a passion for caring for the elderly
- Compassion and the ability to empathise with patients
- An interest in patient health
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Registration with AHPRA
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence
- Minimum of 6 months employment, including clinical placements.
- Having a positive attitude and empathetic nature.
- Being aware of realistic goals and limitations – making sure you understand each person and their strengths, needs, goals, and support needs.
- Consistency and ability to follow through.
- Professional – human, friendly, but not needy or dependent.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills by not only verbalising communication but by being attentive to what clients have to say too.
- Eastern Suburbs
- Northern Beaches
- Inner West
- Greater Sydney area
Hours / Working Pattern
- Flexible working hours
- 2-24 hours/day
- Part-time, casual or full-time hours
Salary / Pay
- We generally offer higher rates of pay than all other care providers in and around Sydney
- Pro-rated amount
- Bonuses available
Mandatory Checks and Licenses
- AHPRA Registration
- Working With Children Check
- National Criminal History check
- First Aid Certificate
- Two professional references
- Right to work in Australia
Additional Checks and Licenses
- NSW Drivers Licence
- Third Party Car Insurance
Explore Our job Categories:
Our Recruitment Process
Are you looking for a rewarding career in palliative care? Look no further! At Care For Family, we are dedicated to providing exceptional care. Our unique recruitment process ensures that we handpick the most compassionate and dedicated carers for the families we support. From the initial application form to starting work, we prioritise a seamless experience. Our team conducts thorough interviews to assess the skills and suitability of each candidate, guaranteeing their ability to provide exceptional care. Once selected, our carers are meticulously rostered, ensuring they are available when they are needed most. With Care For Family, our clients and team members can trust that they are in capable hands. Join our team today and make a difference in the lives of individuals with palliative care needs. Apply now and experience the Care For Family difference.
Complete our application form and we will inform you of your eligibility for an interview.
If we believe that you have the potential to join our dedicated team of carers we will schedule an interview with you.
From part-time to full-time hours, we can usually offer flexible hours to suit your availability.
You’re now part of the Care For Family team, caring for our clients that we are dedicatied to supporting.