Who are we looking for?
Full-time & Part-time/Casual Jobs Available
We are currently seeking applicants for our openings in palliative care assistant jobs. Strong communication skills, a caring and compassionate attitude, and the ability to connect with patients are essential for this role. To qualify, you should hold a Certificate III/Certificate IV in Aged Care or Individual Supports, as well as a Diploma in Health/Social Care. Additionally, a minimum of 12 months of employment, including clinical placements, is required to demonstrate your experience in delivering comprehensive palliative care to our valued clients.
In our palliative care assistant jobs, the responsibilities will include pain management, charting patients' conditions, communicating with physicians, preparing patients for exams and treatment, and more. You will monitor patients’ physical well-being while providing critical emotional support to both patients and their loved ones. Enjoy flexible working hours, ranging from 2 to 24 hours per day, with part-time, casual, or full-time options available. Join our team in the Greater Sydney area, and utilise your critical thinking, excellent communication, and strong organisational skills to provide compassionate care to those with life-limiting conditions.
Who is Care For Family?
We are a values-based organisation that prides itself on our fantastic team, supportive working environment, and genuine care and compassion for our clients. As a part of our Palliative Care Assistant team, you will gain more than just a job – you’ll have a vocation with heart and purpose, offering real support to the community.
- Pain management
- Charting patients’ condition
- Communicating with physicians
- Preparing patients for exams and treatment
- Monitoring patients for side effects and reactions
- Monitor skin integrity
- Provide emotional and social support to patient and loved ones
- Improve patients’ quality of life
- Critical thinking
- Understanding patients’ nutritional requirements
- Risk assessment and prevention
- Excellent communication and listening
- Clear and precise writing
- Shows leadership
- Strong organisation and time management
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Having a positive attitude
- Being aware of realistic goals and limitations
- Understanding each individual's needs
- Consistent and ability to follow through
- Having a passion for caring for the elderly
- Compassion and the ability to empathise with patients
- An interest in patient health
- Certificate III/Certificate IV in Aged Care or Individual Supports
- Diploma in Health/Social Care
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence
- Minimum of 12 months employment, including clinical placements.
- Having a positive attitude and empathetic nature.
- Being aware of realistic goals and limitations – making sure you understand each person and their strengths, needs, goals, and support needs.
- Consistency and ability to follow through.
- Professional – human, friendly, but not needy or dependent.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills by not only verbalising communication but by being attentive to what clients have to say too.
- Eastern Suburbs
- Northern Beaches
- Inner West
- Greater Sydney area
Hours / Working Pattern
- Flexible working hours
- 2-24 hours/day
- Part-time, casual or full-time hours
Salary / Pay
- We generally offer higher rates of pay than all other care providers in and around Sydney
- Pro-rated amount
- Bonuses available
Mandatory Checks and Licenses
- National Criminal History check
- First Aid Certificate
- Two professional references
- Right to work in Australia
Additional Checks and Licenses
- Working With Children Check
- NSW Drivers Licence
- Third Party Car Insurance
Explore Our job Categories:
Our Recruitment Process
Are you looking for a rewarding career in palliative care? Look no further! At Care For Family, we are dedicated to providing exceptional care. Our unique recruitment process ensures that we handpick the most compassionate and dedicated carers for the families we support. From the initial application form to starting work, we prioritise a seamless experience. Our team conducts thorough interviews to assess the skills and suitability of each candidate, guaranteeing their ability to provide exceptional care. Once selected, our carers are meticulously rostered, ensuring they are available when they are needed most. With Care For Family, our clients and team members can trust that they are in capable hands. Join our team today and make a difference in the lives of individuals with palliative care needs. Apply now and experience the Care For Family difference.
Complete our application form and we will inform you of your eligibility for an interview.
If we believe that you have the potential to join our dedicated team of carers we will schedule an interview with you.
From part-time to full-time hours, we can usually offer flexible hours to suit your availability.
You’re now part of the Care For Family team, caring for our clients that we are dedicatied to supporting.