Who are we looking for?
Full-time & Part-time/Casual Jobs Available
We are seeking compassionate and dedicated individuals for our Palliative Care Worker Jobs positions. As a palliative care worker, you will provide essential emotional, physical, and personal support to palliative care clients. You must possess excellent communication skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to empathise with patients during their end-of-life journey. Essential qualifications for this role include a Certificate III/Certificate IV in Aged Care or Individual Supports, along with a Diploma in Health/Social Care. You should have a minimum of 12 months of employment, including clinical placements, showcasing your experience in providing holistic care.
In this role, you will be responsible for a myriad of tasks, including pain management, charting patients' conditions, communicating with physicians, and preparing patients for their exams and other treatments. You will be required to closely monitor patients for side effects and reactions and provide emotional and social support to both patients and their loved ones. Your dedication and compassion will contribute to improving patients' quality of life, enhancing their comfort and well-being during their palliative care journey. Join our team and enjoy flexible working hours, including casual, part-time or full-time options. Make a positive impact as a palliative care worker, leveraging your critical thinking, communication, and organisational skills to provide exceptional care to those in need.
Who is Care For Family?
We are a values-based organisation that prides itself on our fantastic team, supportive working environment, and genuine care and compassion for our clients. As a part of our Palliative Care Worker team, you will gain more than just a job – you’ll have a vocation with heart and purpose, offering real support to the community.
- Pain management
- Charting patients’ condition
- Communicating with physicians
- Preparing patients for exams and treatment
- Monitoring patients for side effects and reactions
- Monitor skin integrity
- Provide emotional and social support to patient and loved ones
- Improve patients’ quality of life
- Critical thinking
- Understanding patients’ nutritional requirements
- Risk assessment and prevention
- Excellent communication and listening
- Clear and precise writing
- Shows leadership
- Strong organisation and time management
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Having a positive attitude
- Being aware of realistic goals and limitations
- Understanding each individual's needs
- Consistent and ability to follow through
- Having a passion for caring for the elderly
- Compassion and the ability to empathise with patients
- An interest in patient health
- Certificate III/Certificate IV in Aged Care or Individual Supports
- Diploma in Health/Social Care
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence
- Minimum of 12 months employment, including clinical placements.
- Having a positive attitude and empathetic nature.
- Being aware of realistic goals and limitations – making sure you understand each person and their strengths, needs, goals, and support needs.
- Consistency and ability to follow through.
- Professional – human, friendly, but not needy or dependent.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills by not only verbalising communication but by being attentive to what clients have to say too.
- Eastern Suburbs
- Northern Beaches
- Inner West
- Greater Sydney area
Hours / Working Pattern
- Flexible working hours
- 2-24 hours/day
- Part-time, casual or full-time hours
Salary / Pay
- We generally offer higher rates of pay than all other care providers in and around Sydney
- Pro-rated amount
- Bonuses available
Mandatory Checks and Licenses
- National Criminal History check
- First Aid Certificate
- Two professional references
- Right to work in Australia
Additional Checks and Licenses
- Working With Children Check
- NSW Drivers Licence
- Third Party Car Insurance
Explore Our job Categories:
Our Recruitment Process
Are you looking for a rewarding career in palliative care? Look no further! At Care For Family, we are dedicated to providing exceptional care. Our unique recruitment process ensures that we handpick the most compassionate and dedicated carers for the families we support. From the initial application form to starting work, we prioritise a seamless experience. Our team conducts thorough interviews to assess the skills and suitability of each candidate, guaranteeing their ability to provide exceptional care. Once selected, our carers are meticulously rostered, ensuring they are available when they are needed most. With Care For Family, our clients and team members can trust that they are in capable hands. Join our team today and make a difference in the lives of individuals with palliative care needs. Apply now and experience the Care For Family difference.
Complete our application form and we will inform you of your eligibility for an interview.
If we believe that you have the potential to join our dedicated team of carers we will schedule an interview with you.
From part-time to full-time hours, we can usually offer flexible hours to suit your availability.
You’re now part of the Care For Family team, caring for our clients that we are dedicatied to supporting.