24-Hour Aged Care Services
Available from 1+ hours to 24 hours 7 days a week live-in care
Serving Sydney & NSW Areas
Care From 1 to 24 Hours Per Day
Live-in Care Available
Can Start On The Same Day
No Set-up Or Exit Fees
Free Personalised Care Plans
About Our 24-Hour Aged Care Services
As we get older, we may all require a little extra help around the home. At some point, many of our senior citizens require 24-hour care in order to live safely and comfortably.
The decision to enlist the help of an aged care service can be a daunting one. Whilst nursing homes and aged care facilities can offer a solution for some Australians, many of us would prefer to remain in our own homes for as long as possible.
To help you or your loved one to remain at home, surrounded by precious memories built over a lifetime, Care For Family offers tailored 24-hour aged care from our team of experienced and compassionate care workers and nurses; offering you a full suite of services to cater to your every need.
Booking our 24-Hour Aged Care Services
Booking our in-home care services couldn’t be simpler. All you need to do is:
“I was so impressed that within 8 hours of requesting care for my Mum we had a care team in place offering the most incredible caring support.”
Wilma & family
“It was a huge relief knowing the care team was always practicing the highest level of professionalism and to know that the same familiar team members arrived every day and night.”
“The care team’s support and dedication was truly amazing. Each of the carers enriched Mr Smith’s life in some way and I know that he enjoyed their company. They were always on time for their shifts and so pleasant to be with and I formed a lovely bond with each of them.”
All Care Teams Are…
Fully Insured By…
Our Team Values…
What is 24-hour aged care?
There are many different types of aged care services available throughout Australia, and each has its own benefits. When making the decision to engage an aged care service for your loved one, there are many factors to consider, including cost, the level of care required, and the lifestyle of your loved one.
24-hour aged care services like those available from Care For Family offer around-the-clock, in-home care for seniors who wish to remain at home despite experiencing complex care needs.
Much like a nursing home, 24-hour aged care services and overnight home care for the elderly can offer support from care workers and registered nurses, to ensure that your loved one is supported and safe.
However, an in-home care service means that your loved one experiences this support while remaining at home.
How does 24-hour care differ from live-in care?
Although 24-hour aged care and live-in care are very different services, they are often misunderstood. There are several key differences between each of these services, which will help you to decide which options is right for your loved one.
24-hour aged care involves the following:
- Our case managers, care workers, and nursing team will work to provide services in line with your care plan, which determines the level of care required.
- Each 24-hour period is managed in two 12-hour shifts between care workers and/or nurses, so that the workload is shared, and round-the-clock support is on-hand for the full 24-hour period.
- The need for 24-hour care can arise suddenly, and may only be necessary for a limited time (before a reduced level of care is required after recovering from injury or illness, or before moving onto live-in care or other more permanent care solutions, for example). This is why our 24-hour aged care services are flexible and can be adapted to suit your loved one’s changing needs.
- 24-hour care is suitable for individuals with complex care needs, including advanced Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, severe disability, or the elderly who have suffered a recent injury or illness. Our care workers and nursing team can assist with medications, toileting, grooming, providing companionship, and more.
- Live-in care is provided on a weekly basis, with up to five care workers being dedicated to the care of your loved one. They typically work in shifts of one to four days, and each care worker will spend the night in your loved one’s home. When not working, our live-in care workers return to their own homes.
- Our care workers and nursing team will sleep over, generally between 10pm and 6am, but be on hand to support with your loved one’s needs during the night, where necessary.
- Live-in care is suitable for those of our clients who tend to sleep through the night, as this allows our care team the opportunity for a good night’s rest so that they can be on hand during the day to take care of day-to-day living needs for your loved one.
- Our live-in care options are flexible and tailored to suit the unique needs, lifestyle and wishes of your loved one, so that they can continue to enjoy living at home as independently as possible. If extra care is needed throughout the night, or when unexpected things arise, your live-in care worker can be supported by another member of our care team.
When is it time for 24-hour aged care?
If your loved one would prefer to remain at home, in familiar surroundings, and continue to live the independent life they love, 24-hour care is an excellent alternative to aged care facilities and nursing homes.
Rather than having to uproot their lives, sell the family home, and move into a nursing home where they will need to adapt to the schedule and standards of the facility, 24-hour care can offer one-on-one dedicated assistance which preserves your loved one’s independence and lifestyle.
Our 24-hour aged care services are fully customisable and can be tailored to suit the level of care required at any given time, and can be offered from one to seven days per week.
How much does 24-hour aged care cost?
Our 24-hour aged care solutions are available at hourly of flat rates, depending on the level and type of care required. However, there are also government subsidised options available for eligible individuals.
If your loved one is aged over 65 and requires 24-hour care to live safely at home, they may very well be eligible for a government-subsidised Home Care Package (HCP). To find out more about HCPs, you can get in touch with our team or visit the government website.
What if my loved one resists in-home care?
The decision to bring in aged care assistance at home is never an easy one, and it is very commonly resisted by the elderly who require care. By many, it can be seen as a loss of independence and reduced quality of life. However, 24-hour aged care and other in-home care solutions can not only ensure that the elderly are able to remain at home for longer, but can assist them in regaining their independence and continuing to enjoy the lifestyle they love!
At Care For Family, we have many years of experience in working with the elderly, and understand their desire to maintain independence and not be seen as a burden on families or caregivers. This is why our kind and compassionate care workers are able to provide flexible care solutions tailored to best assist your loved one to live the life they love to the fullest, whilst maintaining their dignity and sense of autonomy at all times.
Our case managers work closely with our clients and their families to develop individual care plans which meet the unique needs and desires of those in our care.
If your loved one is resisting care, we can help them and the rest of the family to understand the many benefits of in-home care for the elderly, including 24-hour aged care.
What 24-hour care services does Care For Family offer?
Our founder, Ruth Samer, has over 30 years’ experience in aged care and has built a team of dedicated, experienced, and compassionate care workers to deliver a range of services for the elderly living at home.
Some of the many services we can offer in our 24-hour aged care solutions include:
- Personal care and companionship
- Respite care
- Meal preparation
- Running errands
- Transport to and from medical and social appointments
- Assistance with medications
- Complimentary therapies to assist in recovery
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Palliative care
- Disability care
- Nursing care
- Assistance with toileting and showering
- Light housework, and more
Unsure about where to start?
With years of experience in in-home care, we’re available to help you work out what support you need. Whether you are planning for the future or would like to start care immediately, we can help. Give us a call, we’d love to hear form you.
CALL: 02 9343 0880
Our Private In-Home Care Services
Available from 1+ hours to 24 hours 7 days a week live-in care
24-Hour Aged Care
Alzheimer's Disease Care
Around The Clock Home Care
Home Care Packages
Live-in Home Care for Seniors
Overnight Home Care
Palliative Care For Children
Parkinson's Disease Care
We’re Trusted Experts
As long-term experts in aged care, we’ve been featured by many online and offline publications providing helpful advice, recommendations and commentary.